Rambler Fitness Center
Welcome to the Rambler Fitness Center at Joint Base San Antonio - Randolph. Quality of life is what we all want. Good health helps us achieve a high quality of life and fitness makes us want to live it every day. You can't have true good health without physical fitness. Whether you prefer to work out alone or play on a team, the center's staff is waiting to help you. We look forward to helping you develop and maintain a fitness lifestyle that can last a lifetime. Come see all that we have to offer…
- Virtual Tours
- Special Programs
- Contact Information
- Upcoming Events
- Customer Comments / Feedback
- Hours of Operation
- Active Duty military and dependents
- Retirees and dependents
- DoD/NAF civilians
- Sponsored guests - must reside outside 50 mile radius of Joint Base San Antonio
- Age Restrictions: 16 years of age and over - unrestricted use of all faciltities and equipment, need not be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian; 13-15 years of age - use of all cardiovascular, weight equipment, and group exercise rooms, however interactive adult supervision is required from parent, legal guardian, qualified fitness, youth program staff or coach at all times; 6-12 years of age - access to all cardiovascular, weight equipment and group exercise rooms prohibited, use of other areas (basketball court, racquetball courts, running track) require interactive supervision from an adult at all times; 6 years of age and under - not allowed in the fitness center, with the exception of those facilities providing a parent/child area for supervised play or those children who are supervised spectators for a sports or special event.
Fitness Assessment Cell - PT Testing: Please cut and paste the following Web Address into your web browser to schedule your Fitness Assessment Test.
- Gymnasium including three regulation size basketball courts
- Three racquetball courts
- Cycling room with interaction projection screen
- Padded 1/8 mile indoor jogging track with views of the base
- 24 ft climbing wall
- Family exercise room
- Two large group exercise rooms
- Stretching/sit-up area
- Free/selectorize weight area
- Treadmills, bikes, steppers, rowers and elliptical with individual TVs.
- Saunas, showers and locker rooms
- Juice Bar
- Aqua Massage bed
- Six tennis courts
- Two softball fields
- Football/Soccer field
- Jogging course
- Running track
There are lockers in the men’s and women’s dressing rooms which are for “DAILY USE ONLY” except for those in the Distinguished Visitors locker room. Daily use lockers are on first-come, first-served basis. Anyone leaving belongings behind overnight will have their items removed.
There are lockers available for permanent issue in the Distinguished Visitors Dressing Room. Thirty Eight lockers are available for issue to male Colonels (0-6) and above, SES Civilians and Command Chief Master Sergeant assigned to JBSA. Thirty lockers are available for issue to female Colonels (0-6 and above), Chief Master Sergeant assigned to JBSA.
Two VIP lockers will be maintained in both locker rooms to accommodate Air Force Personnel Center Board members and visiting DVs in the grade of General Officer, Colonel and SES Civilians only. Use of these lockers is only for visiting DVs.
- Athletic shoes, shirts, and shorts or sweat pants must be worn at all times in the fitness center (no jeans, belts, bare feet, or rubber suits.)
- Backpacks, book bags or gym bags are not permitted in the strength training area and cardio areas unless worn on person. No personal items are permitted to be placed on the floor for safety reasons.
- Personal radios and music boxes are not allowed in the fitness center.
- SMOKING is not allowed in the fitness center.
- Consumption of food and drink is only allowed in the main lobby area (except water in plastic, top covered container)
- Free weight lifters must have spotters and use spring loaded clips when using bench press, power racks and squat racks.
- When using the Family Fitness Room parents/legal guardians are responsible for the direct supervision of their own children and must remain in the room.
- The wearing of eye protection when playing racquetball is mandatory. Failure to comply will result in the loss of play.
- Swim suit type of clothing or towel will be worn in sauna at all times and exercising or lying down is not allowed in the sauna.
- There is an annual fee of $60 for use of the DV men’s dressing room or $40 for the DV women’s dressing room.
The varsity sports program is intended to satisfy the more competitive needs of the best qualified athletes on JBSA - Randolph. The type and number of sports to be included is determined by the availability of funds, facilities, supplies, equipment, and qualified personnel. Base level teams may be composed of any portion of officers and enlisted personnel. Team membership for command and Air Force competition is limited to the number authorized by directives.
Only teams organized by the Fitness Center Director may represent JBSA - Randolph in off base competition. No other military team is authorized to use the name on uniforms or in advertising a team. Unit teams may engage in off-base games with the approval of their unit commander, but when so doing they represent the unit not base. Unit teams playing off base should be properly attired and managed so as to reflect credit on their unit, JBSA - Randolph, and the United States Air Force.
Reservations for the basketball/racquetball courts, softball/football fields can be made by calling 652-7263.
- Personal Training
- Group Exercise Classes
- Cycling and Jogging Incentive Programs
- Fitness Assessments (Schedule you Fitness Assessment...Here)
- Massage Therapy
- 5 & 10K Runs (Competitive & fun run)
- Marathon training runs
- Strength training classes
- Biathlons (indoor/outdoor)
- Bike rides
Have a question we didn't cover? Call us at (210) 652-7263 or visit us at Bldg. 999.
JBSA-Randolph Jogging Map
I Walked To Austin!
Group Exercise Brochure
Fitness On Request
New Year New You 2014
New 2014 Fitness Hours
February Fitness Calendar